Friday, November 6, 2009

Mission and Vision and the activities to get there



My life's mission is to be a man of God. My vision to become a man of God is to lead like Christ, walk with Christ, and to love my wife and children in a way that they understand. To accomplish this vision, I need to look at my daily schedule and activities. I need to exhibit my vision in everything that I do. Therefore, for every hour of the day, I need to lead like Christ, walk with Christ, and love my wife and children (Please see an example schedule on MediaFire here). For example, at work, I must lead like Christ or be serving, humble, courageous, mentoring, compassionate, and decisive.

Life to me is divided up into routine tasks and improvement tasks. Activities to accomplish my vision for my life should be reflected in both types of tasks. The routine tasks are addressed by my schedule. Improvement tasks are specific projects to achieve my vision. For example, to walk with Christ, I’ve started this blog to encourage more depth and understanding in my Bible Study. Since 2007, also to improve my walk with Christ, I started to work on a book for young adult readers. I saw that the market was exploding with the Harry Potter and Twilight series, but found that there was almost nothing for Christian young adults. At the end of 2008, I completed my first book, Riddle of Cornerstone. I hope to get it published not only to teach Christian principles in a fun new way but also to reach the lost. Even though it may never be published, through that project, I’ve grown deeper in my walk with Christ.

As 2010 approaches, I will be developing other improvement projects to help me realize my vision. I will share them with you through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment